WSE 2.0TP using raw sockets

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Eugene Bilenko, Oct 29, 2003.

  1. I am creating a windows application using C# and WSE 2.0
    preview. The application registers a soap receiver and
    waits for incoming messages on a TCP port (just like in
    the TcpAsyncStockService sample included with the WSE 2.0
    download). It works perfectly fine when the user has admin
    rights to the computer. If it's a non-admin user, the
    following exception is thrown:

    "An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden
    by its access permissions."

    I have found a description for this error at
    us;195445

    It's referring to using raw sockets that is prohibited for
    non-admin users and there is no workaround for the problem
    in Windows 2000.

    Is there anything that can be changed in WSE configuration
    and/or program code to allow receiving SOAP messages using
    TCP by non-admin users?

    Any help is greatly appreciated.

    Thanks.
    Eugene Bilenko, Oct 29, 2003