500 Internal Server Error

[Chris F]

Hi all,

Just wondering if you could possibly check this site for me - www.gtfasteners.co.uk . I am getting a 500
Internal Server Error message every time I try to log in, however I have set all file permissions related to
the login as read,write and execute.

Username = user
Password = fasteners2003

I don't know all that much about ASP yet as I am learning, but I have managed to get the site working fine on
my localhost using IIS. But when the site is uploaded to the remote server, 1&1 Microsoft package, I get the
errors.

Any help is much appreciated.

--
Regards,
Chris.

http://www.chrisf.has.it
http://www.lascoronas10.has.it
http://www.boro.rules.it
http://www.chrisfuni.has.it

Pappas Mike

You probably have invalid connection string to your database or you did not
declare a system dsn on server, so the machine can not find your database.

John Toop

Hi Chris,

If it's your server put the file somewhere completely out of the tree like
C:\InetPub or really anywhere you like. If it's an ISP, then FrontPage
suggests a fpdb directory under the root directory you are using now.
FrontPage will install files to prevent the file from being loaded
directly - I'm guessing that you are not using it though. Not many people
use it these days.

Try a "for i=1 to 1000" on the creation of the connection object and see if
it's faster using the OLEDB than using ODBC connection strings.

JT

Thanks for all replies,

A question - John, you suggested that my database shouldn't be in the root
folder of the site - where abouts