_REALLY_ simple namespace question...

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Morten_N=F8rgaard?=

Hello everyone,

I feel really dumb asking this, but I can't work it out. Searching
gives me nothing, I'm down to thinking it's a bug in Visual Studio 2005,
but of course it probably isn't...

I want to add a namespace to my aspx file. I do this:

using System;
namespace test
{

{

}
}

}

.... but I'm told all sorts of page errors. If I remove the
namespace-thing, nothing.

How can I add a namespace to my code-behind?

Thanks a million in advance,

Morten

Paul Hadfield

Wouldn't you need to add the namespace to the designer page too - note the
"partial class" syntax. It's probably trying to have one part of the class
in the root namespace and the other in the test namespace.

- Paul.

Mark Rae

... but I'm told all sorts of page errors.

Like what...?

There's no point telling a technical newsgroup that you get "all sorts of
page errors" if you don't actually say what those errors are...

?

Paul Hadfield skrev:
Wouldn't you need to add the namespace to the designer page too - note the
"partial class" syntax. It's probably trying to have one part of the class
in the root namespace and the other in the test namespace.

Hi Paul,

thanks for the suggestion, I can see where you're headed. But I tried
that approach and alas it didn't aide me along.

But thanks again,

Morten

?

Mark Rae skrev:
Like what...?

There's no point telling a technical newsgroup that you get "all sorts
of page errors" if you don't actually say what those errors are...

Mark,

touché. The reason I didn't give the error messages is in that my
VS.NET 2005 is a Danish version and I got stumped trying to translate
the Danish message into English ones. As far as I could tell they
weren't related to the error, giving me quite ridiculous possibles. But
if you'd care to invest the one minute it'd take you to create the page
in VS.NET yourselves, I'd be very grateful indeed. The code-behind is this:

using System;

namespace test
}

.... and the page looks like this:

<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="Default.aspx.cs"
Inherits="_Default" %>
<head runat="server"><title="fdsaf" /></head>

That's really all there is to it. But won't compile... :-(

/Morten

Mark Rae

That's really all there is to it. But won't compile... :-(

Indeed not, because it's now looking for a class called _Default, which no
longer exists...

Change Inherits="_Default" to Inherits="test_Default"

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Morten_N=F8rgaard?=

Morten Nørgaard skrev:
Hello everyone,

How can I add a namespace to my code-behind?

I discovered the solution: to add the name of the code-behind namespace
to the 'inherits' attribute of the page, i.e.
"inherits='mynamespacename.mypagename'".

Paul, this was what you were trying to tell me, right? :)

/Morten

Mark Rae

I discovered the solution: to add the name of the code-behind namespace to
the 'inherits' attribute of the page, i.e.
"inherits='mynamespacename.mypagename'".

As I mentioned... :)

Joined
Jun 6, 2007
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
hello everyone :
i am still getting some problem with asp.net 2005.what i did. i have create one class called User.vb and one function add() in that class but i can't execute the add() function in my .aspx page.

thanks in advance