A good book...

Matthew Wells

I'm looking for a good book on ASP.net. I'm looking for a book that builds
a project throughout the book - not disjointed examples for every chapter.
I have a book on ASP standard called "Web Application Development Using
Microsoft Visual InterDev 6.0". This book builds a website for a college.
Each chapter is a progressive stage in the building of the web site. This
is the kind of book I want for ASP.net.

Any recommendations?

Thanks.

Matthew Wells
(e-mail address removed)

Mark Fitzpatrick

There aren't nearly as many of that type out there. Your best bet is to
actually use several in conjunction with this type of book. I've often found
that this building a single application approach doesn't work as well from a
best-practices perspective. A good book that may fit what you're looking for
is ASP.Net website programming, problem - design - solution by Wrox Press.
http://www.wrox.com/WileyCDA/WroxTitle/productCd-0764584642.html

You'll definitely want other books to go with it though. ASP.Net is nothing
like ASP so this type of book will leave out volumes of information that you
would find in other books simply because it cannot use everything in the
framework.