Book recommendations?

SusanV

Time to learn something new, anyone have any recommendations for a good
reference book on ASP.Net? Also recommendations on AJAX would be most
welcome.

TIA,

SusanV

Mark Rae

Time to learn something new, anyone have any recommendations for a good
reference book on ASP.Net?

What level of ASP.NET knowledge do you already have, if any...?

SusanV

Not much at all (have strong skills in VBA and HTML mainly), and half
forgotten what I did know. Looking for something which ranges from basics to
in depth.

Thanks

Michael Nemtsev

Hello SusanV,

Have u tried to use official online manuals there http://asp.net/learn/default.aspx?tabid=63
?
What relates to books, I found Dino Esposito's ones are the best

---
WBR, Michael Nemtsev [.NET/C# MVP].
My blog: http://spaces.live.com/laflour
Team blog: http://devkids.blogspot.com/

S> Time to learn something new, anyone have any recommendations for a
S> good reference book on ASP.Net? Also recommendations on AJAX would be
S> most welcome.
S>
S> TIA,
S>
S> SusanV

Guest

If you are just starting out, I humbly recommend the best resource of all
(which is 100% free) : the ASP.NET QUICKSTARTS which you can install with the
product, or visit the online version at http://asp.net site.

Also, your AJAX info is there too, also FREE.

The kind folks from Redmond have put a huge amount of effort into this. Not
to sound like a broken MP3, but I've been doing this stuff since the first
beta in 2000 - and I still go there to look up stuff when I'm having a
"Senior moment". You should, too.
Peter

SusanV

Thanks to all of you for the links and recommendations, I'll certainly look
into all of them
;-D
SusanV

SusanV said:
Thanks for the links!!

Michael Nemtsev said:
Hello SusanV,

Have u tried to use official online manuals there
http://asp.net/learn/default.aspx?tabid=63 ?
What relates to books, I found Dino Esposito's ones are the best

---
WBR, Michael Nemtsev [.NET/C# MVP]. My blog:
http://spaces.live.com/laflour
Team blog: http://devkids.blogspot.com/

"The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and
we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it" (c) Michelangelo