a question about save the word document to database

lee_j

Hi,
I have a question below.
In the Sql server 2000 I store some word documents.Then I get the data
from the database
through the asp code and display the word document in IE.The ContentType is
"application/msword".
My question is how to save the word document which is edited to the
database.

Thanks for your advice!
Jack

Aaron Bertrand - MVP

My question is how to save the word document which is edited to the
database.

I don't think you can instantiate "Word.Application" on the server, and also
have it displayed to the user for remote editing.

So, as Ray said, the user would have to save their changes to the file
locally, and upload it.

However, storing Word documents inside a SQL Server database suffers many of
the problems we have storing images there. Why do you need to store the
documents in the database? See http://www.aspfaq.com/2149 for pros and
cons.

lee_j

Aaron Bertrand - MVP said:
I don't think you can instantiate "Word.Application" on the server, and also
have it displayed to the user for remote editing.

So, as Ray said, the user would have to save their changes to the file
locally, and upload it.

However, storing Word documents inside a SQL Server database suffers many of
the problems we have storing images there. Why do you need to store the
documents in the database? See http://www.aspfaq.com/2149 for pros and
cons.

I store word documents into database because I think those documents would
manage well.
User can expediently find documents.This is my point.