about SCJP v5.0

alothe

Hi,
I would like to take the java programmer certification exam soon. I am
confused about whether I should take the latest (5.0) or the 1.4
version exam.
I see that the 5.0 version has some new features added to the language
itself for example the generic types that resemble the C++ generic
types. and accordingly the exam objectives are also changed
I would greatly appreciate any help regarding the information about the
books, mock exams , any experiences of new exams etc.

Thanks in advance

Abhijit