ACM SIGAPL / APL2007 Conference / Montreal / one week away

Gosi

At APL2007, I'll be announcing the release of the APEX APL compiler,
version 0.0.0, under GPL Version 2.
If you can't wait until then, you can download it for Dyalog Linux atwww.snakeisland.com.

Bob

Congratulations on your compiler.

I looked through your pages and came across this

"[This article originally appeared in the ACM SIGAPL Quote Quad, vol.
21, no.1, September 1990.]

The APL character set has contributed, more than any other facet of
the language, to its lack of acceptance in the computing community at
large. The character set is a metaproblem -- not a problem in and of
itself, but a creator of other recurring problems of hardware,
software, ergonomics, and psychology. The adoption of new, ASCII-base
dialects of APL, such as J, is suggested as one solution to the
character set problem. "

This is also the reason for why I will not be downloading your new
compiler until there will be a J version of it, something I hope will
be coming soon.

I can not use the APL character set at all.
It is too mixed up with my national characters.

Wade Ward

Gosi said:
[...]

witch ones?
--
wade ward
(e-mail address removed)

Veli-Matti

Gosi wrote:
I can not use the APL character set at all.
It is too mixed up with my national characters.

What about a unicode version of APL?

Honestly, I cannot use J because it mixes with all
the characters I use... ;)
-Veli-Matti

Wade Ward

Veli-Matti said:
Gosi wrote:
..

What about a unicode version of APL?

Honestly, I cannot use J because it mixes with all
the characters I use... ;)
-Veli-Matti

what the **** ever.

Re:Attention, Sir/Madam

This Is To Officially Inform You That We Have Verified Your
ontract/Inheritance
File And Discovered Reasons Why You Are Yet To Receive Your Payment. It Is
Because Of Irregularities And Complications Discovered On Your Payment File
By
Our Technical Experts In Respect To Your Contract /Inheritance Payment
Requirements Which Have Just Been Duly Rectified.

Meanwhile, We Have Been Informed That You Are Still Dealing With Impostors
And
Non Recommended Officials In The Bank. Such Acts Must Stop For
Security Reasons
If You Wish To receive Your Payment.

Since We Have Decided To Bring A Solution To Your Problem, Right Now We Have
Arranged Your Payment Through Our ATM Swift Card Payment Center OCEANIC BANK
INTERNATIONAL PLC ( Under Reserve Bank Operation Act 2005 ), That Is
The Latest
Instruction By Our President Chief,Umaru Musa Yar Adua (GCFR) Federal
Republic
Of Nigeria. Below Is The Arrangements ;...

You are advised to contact our accredited payment office via the contact
information provided below for immediate payment to you.

Dr James Smith.
Oceanic Bank International Plc.
802 Ozumba Mbadiwe Close, Lagos, NIGERIA.
Direct Phone number: +234-802-712-7674
Email: (e-mail address removed)

The Swift card Center Will Send You An ATM Card Which You Will Use To
Withdrew
Your Money From Any ATM Machine In Any Part Of The World, But The Maximum Is
Six Thousand Dollars Per Day, So If You Like To Receive Your Fund This Way
Please Do Let Us Know By getting back to us ASAP with this

information's stated below:

1) Your full name.
2) Phone, fax and mobile #.
3) Profession, age and marital status.
4) Copy of Drivers License I .D.
5) Amount of fund that you are expecting
6) Address Where You Want Them To Send The Card Through Diplomatic Courier

Please Indicate To The Card Center The Total Sum You Are Expecting And
For Your
Information You Have To Stop Any Further Communication With Any Institution
Or
Office Until You Receive The ATM Card.

Note: Because of Impostors, We Hereby Issue You Our Code of Conduct Tag
Number
Which Is(805) So You Must Have To Indicate This Code When Contacting The
Card
Center.We Await Your Urgent Response.

Mr. Anthony Eke

Special Adviser To The President
Federal Republic Of Nigeria
Phone +234-703-096-5403

f'up set.
--
wade ward
(e-mail address removed)
"Der Katze tritt die Treppe hoch; Der Kater tritt sie krumm.%
% De Teufel geit um; er bringt der menschen allet dummer."
schau, schauer

Dan Nagle

Hello,

Can we please have a little trimming of newsgroups?

Fortran's character set is a nice safe subset
of seven-bit ASCII.

Gosi

[...]

4 10$a.i.'áðéíóúýþæöÁÐÉÍÓÚÝÞÆÖ'
195 161 195 176 195 169 195 173 195 179