Adapter: JDBC Oracle

John Ebenezer

Hi,

I’m trying to migrate the AR script on to Oracle database. Im using jdbc
adapter.

There are number of functions defined in jdbc_oracle.rb, but when I call
them (eg: rename_column(…)) in my AR script, it says “rake aborted !!
rename_column is not implemented†.
It is not referring to the jdbc_oracle.rb file. Is there any
configuration setting to be done?

I have written many custom functions in jdbc_postgre.rb and
jdbc_mssql.rb, it works absolutely fine.

Please find the sample code attached.

1. 001_rename_columns.rb (file to migrate)

class CreateOrclTables < ActiveRecord::Migration
def self.up
rename_column:)companyprofile, :tname, :tname_new)
end
def self.down
end
end

2. database.yml

development_orcl1:
adapter: jdbc
username: scott
password: tiger
driver: com.inet.ora.OraDriver
url: jdbc:inetora:vxind01:1521:BAPCDEV1

3. jdbc_oracle.rb (adapter: jdbc)

The file is under (
D:\jruby-1.0.0RC1\lib\ruby\gems\1.8\gems\ActiveRecord-JDBC-0.3.1\lib\jdbc_adapter
)

Please refer the jdbc_oracle.rb file attached.

Appreciate your response !!

Thanks,
John

Attachments: