Advantages of Python (for web/desktop apps)?

iceangel89

i am mainly a PHP (mainly using Zend Framework MVC now) Web Developer. used
..NET (VB & C#) for Desktop apps. i nv used Python and am looking at Python
now (for desktop apps since its open source and just want to try what it
offers, but will like to know what good it has for web development also)

i wonder what do users of Python say?

somethings i am curious abt (that came to my mind) now are:
- performance
- ide to use?
- how do i design GUI for windows app?