    message alert box shown on the client side to show the actual InnerException
    message instead of "exception has been thrown by the target of an
    invocation". TIA

    Monty, Aug 18, 2007

  2. Hi Monty,

    You can handle the event "AsyncPostBackError" of the ScriptManager instance
    on the WebForm to return a custom message whatever you want:

    protected void ScriptManager1_AsyncPostBackError(object sender,
    AsyncPostBackErrorEventArgs e)
    {
    if (e.Exception != null && e.Exception.InnerException != null)
    {
    ScriptManager1.AsyncPostBackErrorMessage =
    e.Exception.InnerException.Message;

    Above code will correctly show the real exception's message.

    Hope this helps.

    Regards,
    Walter Wang (, remove 'online.')
    Microsoft Online Community Support