AJAX update panel causes full page post back

Guest

Hi,

I've implemented AJAX on to one of my pages, I am developing on Windows XP
with VS05, I have IIS set up on XP so connect to the dev site using IE and
when clicking a control on the updatepanel it just refreshes that section...
perfect! I have now completed the page, I deployed it to the web server
running Windows Server 2003 64-bit Standard, suddenly when clicking a control
in the updatepanel causes a full page postback! I've found a couple of people
on the net who had this problem and they have found a resolution in the
web.config but i'm not having as much luck!
The confirm button extender works on both.

One thing, I'm not sure if it makes a difference but I'm running IIS in 32
bit mode on the 64-bit server due to the way data is accessed in an old ASP
application.

I've tried but with no change:
Publishing the website and also simply copying the files as they are to the
web server.
Putting the AJAX toolkit and AJAX extensions into the bin directory.
Installing AJAX extensions on to the web server.
Copy and pasting from the AJAX config guide on www.asp.net to the web.config.
Making a simple app with labels showing time as on most AJAX examples, it
works on my machine again but not on the web server (even with a new IIS
site). I even tried using the web.config that came with the AJAX Extensions.
Setting the web server URL as trusted in IE7.
Setting the trust level as full in the web.config.

Any suggestions??!!