    widths)? I have tried setting table.column(0).width =
    gridview.column(0).width at page_load but it doesn't work.

    Thanks in advance

    Jacksm, Nov 21, 2006

  2. This is not possible since the ultimate control on column width is in the
    browser hands and your instructions are treated as recommendations. You have
    to merge the table and the gridview content into the same control.

    Eliyahu Goldin, Nov 21, 2006

  3. I have a very similar problem. In using a datagrid, I can dynamically change
    the column formatting/justification in Debug. But when deployed to our
    Intranet server, this formatting goes away and reverts to the default (left
    justified). Is this a setting issue?

    Specifically, I need

    some text columns justified into the center and

    some $ amount columns justified to the right

    On a Button:

    Private Sub btnReport2_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As
    System.EventArgs) Handles btnReport2.Click

    Dim ls_locn_id As String = ""

    Dim ls_make As String = ""

    Dim ls_Amt As String = ""

    ' //Define a DataRow

    Dim dr_comments As DataRow

    ' //Define the DataColumns.

    dt_comments.Columns.Add(New DataColumn("LOCN", GetType(String)))

    dt_comments.Columns.Add(New DataColumn("MAKE", GetType(String)))

    dt_comments.Columns.Add(New DataColumn("AMT", GetType(String)))

    dr_comments = dt_comments.NewRow()

    ls_locn_id = "Central"

    ls_make = "Right-justified"

    ls_Amt = "10.00"

    dr_comments(0) = ls_locn_id

    dr_comments(1) = ls_make

    dr_comments(2) = ls_Amt

    ' //Add the data to the row now.

    dt_comments.Rows.Add(dr_comments)

    End If

    End While

    objreader.Close()

    dgSurveyResults.DataSource = dt_comments

    dgSurveyResults.DataBind()

    btnReport1.Enabled = True

    End Sub

    After the button:

    Private Sub dgSurveyResults_ItemDataBound(ByVal sender As Object,

    ByVal e As System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGridItemEventArgs)

    Handles dgSurveyResults.ItemDataBound

    Try

    Dim item As DataGridItem = CType(e.Item, DataGridItem)

    Dim i As Integer = e.Item.ItemIndex

    With item

    ..Cells(0).HorizontalAlign = HorizontalAlign.Center

    ..Cells(1).HorizontalAlign = HorizontalAlign.Right

    ..Cells(2).HorizontalAlign = HorizontalAlign.Right

    End With

    Catch tex As Threading.ThreadAbortException

    Catch ex As Exception

    Response.Write(ex.Message & ex.StackTrace)

    Finally

    End Try

    End Sub

    Incidentally:

    No error is thrown but with diagnostics in place the innermost code is
    executing.

    The operating systems of both my development system and the host server
    are Windows 2000.

    Another (possible) clue is that

    the color of my development system shows Blue text, but

    the color of the server-based text is Purple.

    Great thanks in advance,

    Puzzled

    Paul Chalekian, Nov 21, 2006