[ANN] Javascript Toolbox Released (JavascriptToolbox.com)

Matt Kruse

I would like to announce the release of http://www.JavascriptToolbox.com

This site is a repository of general-purpose javascript libraries written by
myself which many developers may find useful. The site also contains a best
practices document and links to valuable resources and information about
javascript.

Much of the code on this site has been re-written from the original
libraries which existed on my personal site. Some of the code still needs
re-visited, and some of the libraries still need to ported from my old site
to the new one (there are pointers to the old code for now). Documentation
has been greatly improved where applicable, although I do still plan to
enhance it and provide notes/caveats about each library where justified.

It is my goal to build robust, reusable code which will stand up to critical
scrutiny. Although not all javascript developers agree with the concept of
distributing "general purpose" libraries, it is my goal to write efficient,
readable, professional-quality code and reaching this standard will be an
ongoing effort. The site itself will strive to be an example of how to
properly implement code in a site (ie, every page has a strict doctype and
validates, no deprecated 'language' attribute to script tag, etc).

In the near future, I will be expanding the site to contain individual
solutions to very specific, recurring problems. I will also be adding a
number of additional libraries as well as written content on javascript
topics.

I hope the site proves to be a useful resource, and constructive criticism
is always welcome.

cbmeeks

Great stuff!

Thanks. Even though I couldn't get your old popup calendar to work but
I am sure it's on my end.

Basically, I have a DIV tag that is loaded from an external page (via
AJAX).

In other words, a user selects a report. Then, I go out and download
the report-building page (each report has different inputs). On that
page, I put a DIV tag with your calendar in it but it's always
invisible.

But then again, I only tried for 20 minutes so I am sure I goofed
something up.

Email me if you wanna discuss.

cbmeeks @T gmail DOT com
-