[ANN] kramdown 0.1.0 - first relase of fast, pure Ruby Markdownparser

Thomas Leitner

## kramdown 0.1.0 released

This is the first release of kramdown, yet-another-Markdown
parser/converter for Ruby, with the following features:

* Written in pure Ruby, no need to compile an extension (like BlueCloth
or rdiscount)

* Fast (current impl ~5x faster than Maruku, ~10x faster than
BlueFeather, although ~30x slower than native code like rdiscount)

* Strict syntax definition (special cases for which the original
Markdown page does not account for are explicitly listed and it is
shown how kramdown parses them - see the [Syntax] page)

* Supports common Markdown extension (similar to Maruku)
[Syntax]: http://kramdown.rubyforge.org/syntax.html

## About kramdown

kramdown is a *free* GPL-licensed [Ruby](http://www.ruby-lang.org)
library for parsing Markdown-like syntax. It is completely written in
Ruby, supports standard Markdown (with some minor modifications) and
various extensions that have been made popular by the PHP Markdown
Extra package and Maruku.

Homepage for installation instructions and documentation:
http://kramdown.rubyforge.org

Denis Defreyne

## kramdown 0.1.0 released
=20
This is the first release of kramdown, yet-another-Markdown
parser/converter for Ruby, with the following features: [..]

Sweet! This looks quite useful and I=92ll be giving this a try in the =
next few days. I=92ve already added support for Kramdown to nanoc =
(http://nanoc.stoneship.org/) at the request of a kramdown/nanoc user =
whose name unfortunately escapes me at this point=85

Regards,

Denis

--=20
Denis Defreyne