[ANN] London Ruby User Group - 12th Novemeber, 2007

Murray Steele

Hi all,

The next London Ruby User Group meeting will happen this coming Monday:

Date: November 12th
Time: 6:30pm onwards
Location: the Skills Matter offices at 1 Sekforde Street, EC1R 0BEL[1]
Closest tube: Farringdon

Agenda:

1. "Building a UI framework on top of Rails" - Matthew Wilson explains the
why as well as the how of a widget-based UI framework he's built on top of
rails.
2. "Scripting OS X with Ruby" - Matt Patterson explains how we can get rid
of Applescript and use Ruby to script OS X and applications with the Ruby to
Open Scripting Architecture bridge.

The talks usually finish at about 8-ish leaving plenty of time for to
descend on The Crown Tavern[2] for a drink and a chat.

There are more details about the talks on the LRUG site[3], should you want
them. One final note is that our kind hosts for the evening, Skills Matter,
really prefer it if you register[4] with them before coming so they can
arrange the room properly.

Cheers,

Murray

[1]