ANN: psutil 0.7.0 released

Giampaolo Rodolà

Hi there folks,
I'm pleased to announce the 0.7.0 release of psutil:
http://code.google.com/p/psutil/

This is mainly a bugfix release addressing a couple of high priority
issues on Linux and FreeBSD.
Complete list of bugfixes and enhancements is here:
https://psutil.googlecode.com/hg/HISTORY

=== New features ===

- psutil.get_boot_time()
- get/set process IO priority on Windows
- psutil.cpu_times() on Linux now includes new 'steal', 'guest' and
guest_nice' fields available on recent kernels
- psutil.cpu_times_percent() which provides utilization percentages
for each specific CPU time as is returned by cpu_times()
- source code has been migrated from SVN to Mercurial

=== Compatitility notes ===

- Process cmdline and ppid properties are no longer cached after first access
- psutil.error module is deprecated and scheduled for removal

=== Links ===

- Home: http://code.google.com/p/psutil
- Sources: http://psutil.googlecode.com/files/psutil-0.7.0.tar.gz
- Docs: http://code.google.com/p/psutil/wiki/Documentation

Please try out this new release and let me know if you experience any
problem by filing issues on the bug tracker.
Thanks in advance.

--- Giampaolo Rodola'

http://code.google.com/p/pyftpdlib/
http://code.google.com/p/psutil/
http://code.google.com/p/pysendfile/

Roy Smith

Giampaolo Rodolà said:
Hi there folks,
I'm pleased to announce the 0.7.0 release of psutil:
http://code.google.com/p/psutil/

I see a lot of these types of announcements. May I suggest that people
add a short description of what that package is. From the name, I can't
tell is this is about process status, or PostScript, or what.

In this case, after clicking on the link, I see that "psutil is [...]
for retrieving information on all running processes and system
utilization". Putting that one-liner up front in the announcement makes
it easier for people to know if it's worth exploring further.

Stefan Behnel

Roy Smith, 12.04.2013 17:33:
I see a lot of these types of announcements. May I suggest that people
add a short description of what that package is. From the name, I can't
tell is this is about process status, or PostScript, or what.

And while we're at it, there's also a dedicated mailing list for Python
related announcements, which people commonly use for announcing important
releases of software packages:

(And no, it's not that the unimportant ones should go here...)

Stefan