[ANN] quickl 0.2.1 Released (commandline helper)

Bernard Lambeau

Hi all !

I'm pleased to announce that quickl version 0.2.1 has been released and
pushed
to rubygems.org !

* <http://github.com/blambeau/quickl>

Quickl helps you creating commandline ruby programs. From simple commands
with options to complex delegators with subcommands, global and
local options.

This is a not so important release that should not break anything legacy,
but
touches on some important internals though. Let me know if anything is
broken
on your side.

Changes:

# 0.2.1 / 2011.06.19

* Enhancements

* Delegator delegates the command execution to an execute(argv) methods,
therefore mimicing Single command
* Command provides subcommand_by_name (a class method) allowing to
resolve
':' qualified command names easily. Robustness::has_command! has been
rewritten to use the latter method, so that it now striclty respects
command
hierarchy
* Delegator.summarized_subcommands takes an optional argument, allowing
to specify the list of commands for which documentation must be
summarized.
* The factory methods Quickl::Command and Quickl::Delegator accept an
optional
block which is yield with the command builder.
* Command::Builder has a command_parent= accessor allowing to bypass the
default
(infered) command strategy feature (advanced usage).
* Command::Builder accepts callback blocks that are called when a command
is
installed (advanced usage).

* On the devel side

* The project structure is handled by ruby.noe 1.3.0

--
PhD Student, Computer Science Department, EPL/INGI, UCLouvain, Belgium
Mail: (e-mail address removed)