[ANN] Ramaze 0.1.0

Michael Fellinger

This is a one-time post to announce the creation of the Ramaze project, an open
source web framework with the aim to be light and modular.
Ramaze is already relatively stable and we decided that it is time to give it
broader exposure to find new users and contributors.

Home page: http://ramaze.rubyforge.org
IRC: #ramaze on irc.freenode.net

Features:
- Builds on top of the recently released Rack library, which provides easy use
of adapters like Mongrel, WEBrick, CGI or FCGI.

- Supports a wide range of templating-engines like:
Amrita2, Erubis, HAML, Liquid, Markaby and its own engine called Ezamar.

- Highly modular structure, you can just use the parts you like. This also
means that it's very simple to add your own customizations.

- A variety of helpers is already available, giving you things like advanced
caching, OpenID-authentication or aspect-oriented programming for your
controllers.

- It is possible to use the ORM you like, be it ActiveRecord, Og, Kansas or
something more simplistic like a wrapper around YAML::Store.

- Good documentation: although we don't have 100% documentation right now,
just about every part of Ramaze is covered with basic and advanced docs.
There are a variety of examples and a tutorial available.

- Friendly community: lastly, but still quite important, there are people from
all over the world using Ramaze, so you can get almost instant help and
info.

Features planned:
- Unified FormHelper for ORMs, making the framework mostly independent of the
underlying model.

- Improved configuration system, providing an way to totally change options
during runtime and link that with the CLI-parameter automatically.

For more information please come to http://ramaze.rubyforge.org or ask directly
on IRC (irc://irc.freenode.net/#ramaze)

Thank you,
Michael 'manveru' Fellinger and the Ramaze community