[ANN] Ramaze 0.3.5

Michael Fellinger

This time we are proud to announce Version 0.3.5 of Ramaze, the light and
modular open source web framework.

This release features a lot of work directly from our community and we are
really greatful for everybody who helped in testing, patching and contributing
exciting new features.

Our extensive set of specs and docs now covers almost every detail of
implementation and usage. Ramaze is under development by a growing community
and in production use at companies.

Home page: http://ramaze.net
Screencasts: http://ramaze.net/screencasts

Darcsweb: http://darcs.ramaze.net

IRC: #ramaze on irc.freenode.net

Simple example:

require 'ramaze'

class MainController
def index
'Hello, World!'
end
end

Ramaze.start

Special (alphabetic) thanks go to:

Aman 'tmm1' Gupta - patches and support
Carlo Zottmann - first patch!
Chris 'celldee' Duncan - first patch!
Gabriele 'riffraff' Renzi - patches for file dispatcher
jeedee - new Ramaze logo
Jonathan 'Kashia' Buch - patches and support
Keita Yamaguchi - first patch!
Pistos - lots of friendly support
skaar - first patch!

Selected summary of the 62 patches from 0.3.0 to 0.3.5:

Core
- Ramaze::Contrib::Route made available by default as Ramaze::Route
(backwards compatibility retained)
- Support added for ETag and If-Modified-Since in Dispatcher::File
- Adapter for LiteSpeed webserver added
- Added ability to set default session cookie options using Session::COOKIE
- Support added for Content-Language based localization and gettext

Templates
- Support added for passing in locals to render_template
- Added support for symbol argument to template_root
- render_template no longer requires template extensions
- Dots allowed in template extensions (template.html.erb)

Templating Engines
- Builder templating engine added to produce XML
- RedCloth templating engine added
- Amrita2 templating engine updated to latest release

Helpers
- Simple EmailHelper added
- IdentityHelper updated for latest ruby-openid
- MarukuHelper added
- AuthHelper cleaned up
- LinkHelper improved: A(), R(), Rs() and breadcrumbs

Examples
- All examples were standardized to include rubygems
- Simple file upload example added
- Search and diff functionality added to Rapaste

Misc
- Read and read/write issues fixed in Ramaze::Store
- Fix applied for running Ramaze apps within IDEs on Windows

A complete Changelog is available at
http://darcs.ramaze.net/ramaze/doc/CHANGELOG

Known issues:

- none yet, waiting for your reports :)

Ramaze Features:
- Builds on top of the Rack library, which provides easy use of adapters like
Mongrel, WEBrick, LiteSpeed, Thin, CGI or FCGI.

- Supports a wide range of templating-engines like: Amrita2, Erubis, Haml,
Liquid, Markaby, Remarkably and its own engine called Ezamar and (still
unofficial) Nagoro.

- Highly modular structure: you can just use the parts you like. This also
means that it's very simple to add your own customizations.

- A variety of helpers is already available, giving you things like advanced
caching, OpenID-authentication or aspect-oriented programming for your
controllers.

- It is possible to use the ORM you like, be it Sequel, DataMapper,
ActiveRecord, Og, Kansas or something more simplistic like DBI, or a
wrapper around YAML::Store.

- Good documentation: although we don't have 100% documentation right now
(dcov says around 75%), just about every part of Ramaze is covered with
basic and advanced docs. There are a variety of examples, screencasts and a
tutorial available.

- Friendly community: there are people from all over the world using Ramaze,
so you can get almost instant help and info.

For more information please come to http://ramaze.net or ask directly on IRC
irc://irc.freenode.net/#ramaze

Thank you, Michael 'manveru' Fellinger and the Ramaze community

James Britt

Michael said:
This time we are proud to announce Version 0.3.5 of Ramaze, the light and
modular open source web framework.

This release features a lot of work directly from our community and we are
really greatful for everybody who helped in testing, patching and contributing
exciting new features.

Outstanding.

Keep up the great work!

--