[ANN] rdoc 2.1.0 Released

Marcin Raczkowski

Eric said:
In a future version, we'll use ruby_parser to extract documentation,
which has a UnifiedRuby-compatible output.

Did you start any work towards that goal?

Jeremy McAnally

On my Github there's a documentation parser that uses ruby_parser:
http://www.github.com/jeremymcanally/docr

Don't try to run the bin; I was using RDoc's stuff but I switched to
ruby_parser and I'm not sure that I ever hooked it back in properly.
In any event, you can use lib/docr/parser.rb to get documentation out
of files and have it placed in a Hash structure. It'd be a place to
start at least...

--Jeremy

Not yet, it's only in my head.

--
http://jeremymcanally.com/
http://entp.com/

My books:
http://manning.com/mcanally/
http://humblelittlerubybook.com/ (FREE!)

Marcin Raczkowski

Jeremy said:
On my Github there's a documentation parser that uses ruby_parser:
http://www.github.com/jeremymcanally/docr

Don't try to run the bin; I was using RDoc's stuff but I switched to
ruby_parser and I'm not sure that I ever hooked it back in properly.
In any event, you can use lib/docr/parser.rb to get documentation out
of files and have it placed in a Hash structure. It'd be a place to
start at least...

--Jeremy
Great, so it extracts ruby code with ruby_parser and documentation?

anyway I'll check it out.

Jeremy McAnally

Yeah it uses ruby_parser's ability to get at comments to pull them out
and stick in that structure. IIRC the bin should work fine but I
can't really remember very well. If so, it's basically a very very
basic RDoc replacement that uses ruby_parser. :)