[ANN] rdoc-data 2.5.1 Released

Eric Hodel

rdoc-data contains core ri data for use with RDoc 2.5

To install run <code>gem install rdoc-data</code> followed by =
<code>rdoc-data</code>.

This will allow you to look up RDoc for core and standard library files =
like Kernel, Array or Date.

rdoc-data contains ri information for Ruby 1.8.6, 1.8.7 and 1.9.1.=

Roger Pack

This will allow you to look up RDoc for core and standard library files
like Kernel, Array or Date.

rdoc-data contains ri information for Ruby 1.8.6, 1.8.7 and 1.9.1.

One feature request would be to be able to pull down the patch number of
the ruby version you're on (or SVN checkout number). Or maybe an option
to pull from trunk. Then you could get more up to date docs for trunk,
since they seem to be most up to date there.
Thoughts?
-rp

Eric Hodel

=20
One feature request would be to be able to pull down the patch number = of=20
the ruby version you're on (or SVN checkout number).

rdoc-data is a Rakefile that uses multiruby and a small installer. I =
chose the latest patchlevels of 1.8.6, 1.8.7 and 1.9.1, but if you =
wanted a different patchlevel you could unpack the gem and generate ri =
data for whichever version and patchlevel you choose.
Or maybe an option to pull from trunk. Then you could get more up to = date docs for trunk,=20
since they seem to be most up to date there.

There's no need to include documentation from trunk because it has RDoc =
2.5. It also would have documentation for methods and features which =
don't exist in previous versions.=

Roger Pack

rdoc-data contains ri information for Ruby 1.8.6, 1.8.7 and 1.9.1.

As a note, I see that rdoc-data's gemspec file is 1.4M

This takes quite awhile to load. You may want to consider something
other distribution mechanism.
-r