[ANN] rutema 0.6.0 Released

Vassilis Rizopoulos

rutema version 0.6.0 has been released!

rutema is a test execution too with a twist.
It allows you to combine test tools while it takes care of logging,
reporting, archiving of results and formalizes execution of automated
and manual tests.
It's purpose is to provide a set of classes and a framework that will
allow testers to specify and execute tests in heterogeneous testing
environments.
For more information look at http://patir.rubyforge.org/rutema
## FEATURES/PROBLEMS:
* Unified test execution environment for automated and manual tests
* Extensible reports and notifications in various formats (email, rss,
pdf, html etc.)
* Web frontend and command line report generation tools for browsing the
test results database
* Comprehensive history of test execution
* A well defined way to create a project specific test specification format

## SYNOPSIS:
See http://patir.rubyforge.org/rutema/distro_test.html for an
introductory example.

## REQUIREMENTS:
* patir (http://patir.rubyforge.org)
* mailfactory (http://rubyforge.org/projects/mailfactory/)
* activerecord (http://ar.rubyonrails.com/)
* sqlite3 (http://rubyforge.org/projects/sqlite-ruby/)
* ramaze (http://www.ramaze.net/)
* ruport (http://rubyreports.org/)
* acts_as_reportable

## INSTALL:
* gem install rutema

Changes:

## 0.6.0 / 2008-02-27
* Added Rutema::ExtensibleXMLParser - this parser simplifies parser
creation immensely. Check the documentation for details
* "Howto create a parser v0.5.0" officially the fastest deprecation of a
document ever. http://patir.rubyforge.org/rutema/parser.html is the new
black.
* Corrected some english spelling mistakes (hey, we're not native speakers)
* Fixed an issue with AR cached connections that interfered with unit tests

## 0.5.0 / 2008-02-26
* activerecord reporter is now loaded by default (no need to require it
in the configuration file)
* bugfix: step names correctly written in the database
* The web frontend now uses Ramaze
* using patir-0.5.3 because of the chdir bugfixes
* rutema can now test itself! rutemax and rutemah return meaningful exit
codes. So there, we do eat our own dogfood
* lots more documentation on usage and how to build a parser

## 0.4.3 / 2008-02-25
* fixed bug in rutemax when the activerecord reporter is used, where the
database was not created relative to the configuration entry
* fixed bug in rutemah where the report was not printed (doh!)
* added active record reporter configuration and rutemah configuration
to distro test

## 0.4.2 / 2007-12-05
* rutemah code cleaned up
* Bugfix: MinimalXMLParser now handles relative paths in command
elements correctly
* distro_test added to the gem
* Distro test documented, documentation pages updated

## 0.4.1 / 2007-12-04
* Documented MinimalXMLParser
* More debug logs
* Fixed bug in attribute checking for command steps in the minimal parser
* Fixed bug in specification parsing in the Coordinator (no specs were
returned)
* Fixed bug in the implementation of <prompt> in the minimal parser
(attended was not set)
* Fixed bug in evaluation of attended status for steps
* Fixed bug where runner would complain that attened scenarios cannot be
run in unattended mode when choosing to run only attended tests
* Added Version module to better handle versioning

## 0.4 / 2007-07-05
* rutemaweb, a web interface for the db contents added
* uses WEBRick, Camping and Ruport
* offers views on all runs in the System, detailed scenario views and
scenario-over-time views
* Runner now rescues all failures in scenarios
* Bugfix in setting status of attended scenario in unattended mode
* Better ruport usage in the historian
* rutemah added to the gem and manifest
* rutemax help message complete with commands
* split the AR reporter and the model
* expanded the unit tests