[ANN] Syck 0.54 -- typing compatibility, improved output

why the lucky stiff

Here's what I've got today:

<http://rubyforge.org/frs/download.php/3859/syck-0.54.tar.gz>

Syck is the proper name for Ruby's YAML library. The 0.5x series is a
development branch which will soon replace the existing library. This
series adds easier typing, much cleaner output, speed and stability.

Up to this point, the releases have been pretty ramshackle. Not alot of
backwards compatibility and quite a bit of frayed ends. Well, this
release bumps things up a notch. I'm using this release with all of my
YAML software. I hope that YAML hobbyists out there will give it a spin.

One thing: there is a known issue with typed arrays inside of a hash.
Typing information will be lost on those nodes.

Further documentation concerning Syck's internals can be found in
README.EXT.

_why