Annoucement:XX Framework 1.0 Released - XML-Centric Java App Framework

David Moskowitz

Infoblazer LLC is pleased to release the XX Framework under the LGPL open
source license. Version 1.0 is available for immediate download.

The XX framework is a configurable, XML-centric implementation of the MVC
development paradigm that incorporates simple and commonly used patterns of
development. The framework promotes a use case oriented development
approach.

A key goal of the framework project is to generate fully functioning web
applications that use an open J2EE/XML/XSL approach that can easily be
modified and enhanced.

The framework currently includes full automation functionality, where HTML
form fields can be mapped directly to database fields for display or update
without additional coding. XML files are used for configuration and XSL is
used for display. Open source tools such as Hibernate and Castor are also
utilized.

Some benefits of the framework are:

-Extremely simple to use.

-Built around open web standards, including J2EE, XHTML, XML, XSL, and CSS.

-Built-in, configurable data caching and thread pooling for optimal
performance.

-Integrates with web services or native java classes.

-Uses a Portal-based approach to page design, allowing easy
compartmentalization of functionality.

The framework is licensed under the LGPL, and is hosted at
https://sourceforge.net/projects/xxframework/. For more information, please
visit http://www.xxframework.org/.

Thanks,

XX Framework Team

Nick Kew

David said:
The XX framework is a configurable, XML-centric implementation of the MVC
development paradigm that incorporates simple and commonly used patterns of
development. The framework promotes a use case oriented development
approach.

ROTFL! I expect it's great for engineering next generation solutions
to enable maximization of developer income by means of enhanced
buzzword use (as our favourite IRC 'bot says of Java).

Is he serious, or is this a b***** good parody of buzzword-overload?

(no offence meant. I wouldn't dignify trash like stylus-spammer
with any kind of reply:)

David Moskowitz

First of all, I apologize if this is not the correct forum for an
annoucement such as this.

I don't quite follow your comment. Whats wrong with an open source project
that some people find useful. The title is actually very descriptive of what
it does.

Dave

Joe Kesselman

Simply ignore contentless sniping. Everyone has a bad day now and then.

Though he's right that your announcement is a bit heavier on hype than
on useful info, which is a turn-off for some readers. At some point I'll
make time to read the website, which presumably gives more useful
information about exactly what niche you're trying to hit and what you
think your solution offers that others don't.

Nick Kew

David said:
First of all, I apologize if this is not the correct forum for an
annoucement such as this.

I don't have a problem with a one-off announcement here (though
of course that's not speaking for anyone else here).

I just found the second paragraph in particular very funny: I've
seen parodies of jargon that don't come near you in terms of
piling on the buzzwords so thickly.

Sorry, should have just had a private giggle:)
Probably a case of humour that doesn't travel well.

Stefan Ram

Nick Kew said:
I just found the second paragraph in particular very funny:
I've seen parodies of jargon that don't come near you in terms
of piling on the buzzwords so thickly.

At least, neither "MDA" nor "UML" was mentioned!

Recently I read:

»Eight years after the invention of XML, DOM and SAX,
despite their respective issues, are still the mainstays
of application developers.

So is it the end of road for XML parsing innovation?

The VTD-XML team think not. We are proud to announce the
availability of both C and Java version 1.5 of VTD-XML,
the next generation open-source XML parser that goes
beyond DOM and SAX in terms of performance, memory usage
and ease of use.«

<[email protected]>

While these paragraphs also contain technical information, the
wording was also carefully chosen so as to make quite a glamorous
presentation for the product.

Nick Kew

Stefan said:
At least, neither "MDA" nor "UML" was mentioned!

:)

No, buzzwords for their own sake come typically from recruiters
who haven't a clue what they're talking about.
Recently I read:

»Eight years after the invention of XML, DOM and SAX,
despite their respective issues, are still the mainstays
of application developers.

You could stop right there and rubbish it.
So is it the end of road for XML parsing innovation?

Even if we accept the first paragraph without qualification,
we're left with the logical fallacy of equating a stable "mainstay"
with an absence of innovation.
The VTD-XML

Golly, what an imaginative name. I wonder if the product lives
up to ... oh, wait a minute, can't say that or the transpondians
will take it literally.

team think not. We are proud to announce the
availability of both C and Java version 1.5 of VTD-XML,
the next generation open-source XML parser that goes
beyond DOM and SAX in terms of performance, memory usage
and ease of use.«

A bold claim, despite the tortured language. I see no backing
whatsoever for it, but then, maybe that was in a later paragraph.
Good thing we already rubbished it after the first paragraph.
While these paragraphs also contain technical information, the
wording was also carefully chosen so as to make quite a glamorous
presentation for the product.

I think it's qualitatively different: gibberish vs garbage.
The OP in this thread had me wondering if it was April 1st.
The post you cite is something I'd just have ignored, had it
not been for the context in which you quoted it. I expect
that's why I have absolutely no recollection of it.