ANNOUNCE: Gelatin transforms plain text files to XML, JSON, or YAML

Discussion in 'XML' started by knipknap, Jan 19, 2010.

  1. knipknap

    knipknap Guest

    Hi Guys,

    I hereby announce Gelatin[1], a really simple and fast way for
    transforming text into a structured format.

    Gelatin is a combined lexer, parser, and output generator. I am pretty
    proud of the result, and I would be happy to hear any feedback - I am
    not aware of any similar projects. Gelatin has already allowed us to
    replace some hand-coded parsers that were a pain to maintain. The fact
    that we were able to adopt it so quickly let's me hope that you will
    like it as much as I do.

    There's even some documentation, please check it out.

    Installation instructions:

    git clone git://github.com/knipknap/Gelatin.git
    cd Gelatin
    sudo python setup.py install

    [1] http://wiki.github.com/knipknap/Gelatin/

    -Samuel