Announcement: PerfectJPattern first release 1.0.0 available ...

Giovanni Azua

hi,

After long working hours have been able to finally put together a first
release of PerfectJPattern. The aim of PerfectJPattern is to build a
library of componentized (reusable and context-free) Design Patterns
in Java.

Please visit the home page under: http://perfectjpattern.sourceforge.net

Feedback most welcome!

Best regards,
Giovanni

PS: I still have plenty to work on the documentation again any feedback
with corrections/suggestions will be most welcome.

Roedy Green

After long working hours have been able to finally put together a first
release of PerfectJPattern. The aim of PerfectJPattern is to build a
library of componentized (reusable and context-free) Design Patterns
in Java.

Quoting from your site:
"PerfectJPattern is inspired in the original work of Prof. Dr.
Bertrand Meyer Trusted Components and Karine Arnout Thesis From
Patterns to Components conceptually possible in any language but their
work is tailored to the Eiffel programming language e.g. strongly
relies on Eiffel's Agent mechanism and Eiffel's Design by Contract
whereas there are no such features in Java. The Agent mechanism
natively supported in Eiffel is equivalent to the Delegates Language
feature, supported natively in other languages e.g. .NET C# but not in
Java."

Bertrand Meyer is one of my personal heroes. This foundation gives
your work much better cachet.
see http://mindprod.com/ethics/heroes.html#MEYER

Giovanni Azua

hi Roedy!

Bertrand Meyer is one of my personal heroes.
Welcome to the club :)

I think I was extremely fortunate to be able to attend most of his courses
in Soft. Engineering at ETHZ in a CS postgrad. I had really no regrets
getting
so much insight into Eiffel, and I also got my OOSC copy signed :)

Best regards,
Giovanni

Roedy Green

so much insight into Eiffel, and I also got my OOSC copy signed :)

I was looking for a picture of him the other day for my website. I
was surprised to discover he is even younger than I am.

He has plenty of time yet to shake things up.