Ant task for Sql scripts

Bhavin

Hello,

I am working on ant script which dumps the stored procs and packages
into oracle 9i database. I defined one task in ant script which dumps
all the scripts from Source safe to oracle database. This works fine
but when i check into the database i get the packages and stored procs
with errors. The script dumps all the scripts in a linear way, the
indentation of the code of PL Sql is lost. I am looking for the
solution through which i can dump all the scripts with its original
structure.

do i need to put additional task in database itself so that my scripts
gets executed in a proper way with its original structure or i need to
put settings in my Ant script ?

Pls suggest me

Andy Dingley

Bhavin said:
I am working on ant script which dumps the stored procs and packages
into oracle 9i database. I defined one task in ant script which dumps
all the scripts from Source safe to oracle database. This works fine
but when i check into the database i get the packages and stored procs
with errors. The script dumps all the scripts in a linear way, the
indentation of the code of PL Sql is lost.

Sounds like Unix / Windows linefeed character issues. I doubt if it's
Ant's fault, probably SourceSafe is the culprit. Check what you're
actually getting, before you load it into the DB client.

PS - Ditch SourceSafe and go to Subversion. You won't regret it!

Bhavin

Cool, i get the db scripts from vss as

and i dump these files into database through ant script. I created one
..sql file in my local machine and dumped the file to database through
ant script and it works. i am wondering why its not working with other
files.

-bhavin