Anti-virus API?

Dean

Our site will allow uploading of files to the server. What technique would I use to check for viruses? Do the anti-virus vendors supply an API? If so, is there a common API they all share?

Andrew

Dean,

Saw over at Symantec's website that there is a product called Symantec
AntiVirus Scan Engine (v4.3) that apparently has API support for both
Windows and Linux. I looked over at McAfee, but could not find anything
(they seem to be lacking search capability on the website).

Symantec:
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPOR...88256ddb007698ab?OpenDocument&src=bar_sch_nam

-- Andrew