Anyone know how to send a message to a cell phone?

Larry Woods

I have a situation where I need to send a text message to a cell phone.

Any ideas?

TIA,

Larry Woods

Tom Kaminski [MVP]

Larry Woods said:
I have a situation where I need to send a text message to a cell phone.

Any ideas?

Most carriers handle this through email - simply send an email to the
phone's email address. Consult with the carrier's web site for more
detailed instructions. AT&T Wireless for example:
http://www.attwireless.com/personal/features/communication/howtotextmessage.jhtml

--
Tom Kaminski IIS MVP
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

Jeff Cochran

I have a situation where I need to send a text message to a cell phone.

Any ideas?

Talk to the cell company. In our case it's just an email to a special
address that goes out via text messaging.

Jeff

Evertjan.

Tom Kaminski [MVP] wrote on 01 jul 2004 in
Most carriers handle this through email - simply send an email to the
phone's email address. Consult with the carrier's web site for more
detailed instructions. AT&T Wireless for example:
http://www.attwireless.com/personal/features/communication/howtotextmes
sage.jhtml

Your story could be true in the States.

However in general it is not.

What I mean is, if using an international NG, do not assume the groupers to
know that you are talking about stateside solutions, if you don's even put
your country in your signature.

caulker

pretty simple... but you have to know the mobile carrier...

<phoneNumber>@<domain>

Verizon = vtext.com
ATT = mobile.att.net
Sprint = message.sprintpcs.com
Nextel = message.nextel.com
T-Mobile = tmomail.net
cingular = mobile.mycingular.net
AllTel = message.alltel.com

i.e. (e-mail address removed)

Jonathan

Hi,
I have a situation where I need to send a text message to a cell phone.

Any ideas?

In many cases you can send a text message to a cell phone using an email address
there are a number of addresses for various carriers at -
http://www.notepage.net/smtp.htm this however is not the most reliable way to
text message (and not all carriers support SMTP to phone). If you are looking
for an alternative you may want to consider using software. There is evaluation
software that will send text messages various ways at
http://www.notepage.net/software.htm

Good luck

Jonathan