Anyone know of a good, free UML tool for Java....

Arne Styve

Hi,

I'm trying to find a good (and preferrably free) tool for UML-modelling that
supports roundtrip engineering in Java, and that supports 1.5. Any
suggestions ?

It would be nice if the tool is a plug-in to Eclipse and/or NetBeans.

Thanks!

Arne

Arne Styve

Hi Arnaud,

Thanks for your tip, but I know about this list.

The problem with that list is that tools that claim to be free, turns out to
be a free trail, or a very limited version of the tool. Hence my question
still stands.

Thanks anyway.

Regards
Arne

Wayne

Arne said:
Hi,

I'm trying to find a good (and preferrably free) tool for UML-modelling that
supports roundtrip engineering in Java, and that supports 1.5. Any
suggestions ?

It would be nice if the tool is a plug-in to Eclipse and/or NetBeans.

Thanks!

Arne

Try ArgoUML: http://argouml.tigris.org/

-Wayne

Arne Styve

Hi Wayne,

Thanks for your tip.

Absolutely a tool to consider for lectures.

However, might look a littlebit too lightweigth at the first glance...

Thanks again !

Regards
Arne Styve

Hal Rosser

Arne Styve said:
Hi,

I'm trying to find a good (and preferrably free) tool for UML-modelling that
supports roundtrip engineering in Java, and that supports 1.5. Any
suggestions ?

It would be nice if the tool is a plug-in to Eclipse and/or NetBeans.

Thanks!

Try these 2 free versions:
ArgoUML
and
Poseidon
Between the 2 you can have 2-way conversion - java to UML and UML to Java

Arne Styve

Thanks Hal,

Have looked at Poseidon, and the free version does not support Java to UML,
only UML to Java. (unless I've missed out on something ?)

Regards
Arne

Hal Rosser

Look at my post again -
My suggestion was Poseidon AND ArgoUML (free versions)
Poseidon does UML to Java (not both)
and
ArgoUML does Java to UML (not both)
between the 2 of them you've got both