Anyone recommend some advance topic?

dolphin

Hi All.
I have learn the C++ for sometime. Now I want to learn some
advance topics. Can someone recommend some advance topic?

vimase121

Hi All.
I have learn the C++ for sometime. Now I want to learn some
advance topics. Can someone recommend some advance topic?

What have you learnt till now??

Noah Roberts

dolphin said:
General speaking£¬I have learnt c++ basic. I have read Thinking in C+
+,Effect C++,More Effect C++ and others
What about these books:

Design Pattern
Refactoring
Working Effectively with Legacy Code

And the articles at objectmentor.com and netobjectives.com?

You read all them? You put them into practice?

David Harmon

On Mon, 10 Dec 2007 05:40:43 -0800 (PST) in comp.lang.c++, dolphin
Hi All.
I have learn the C++ for sometime. Now I want to learn some
advance topics. Can someone recommend some advance topic?

Read "Modern C++ Design" By Andrei Alexandrescu

Default User

dolphin said:
General speaking#,I have learnt c++ basic. I have read Thinking in C+
+,Effect C++,More Effect C++ and others

That's what you've read. What have you WRITTEN? What programs have you
successfully created beyond what are used as problems in the books (you
have been working the problems, right?)?

Brian

Daniel Lidstrom

Hi All.
I have learn the C++ for sometime. Now I want to learn some
advance topics. Can someone recommend some advance topic?

Try these books:

Modern C++ by Alexander Alexandrescu
Template Metaprogramming by Alex Gurtovoy and David Abrahams

Those books will teach you things you probably couldn't even imagine.

dolphin

What about these books:

Design Pattern
Refactoring
Working Effectively with Legacy Code

And the articles at objectmentor.com and netobjectives.com?

You read all them? You put them into practice?

Yes you are right. I learn something about Design Pattern. I also do
something in practice. I finished some small project.
These book that you mentioned I will read later. Could someone point
some topics. I want to focus on some topics.
Thanks a lot!

Chris Fairles

Yes you are right. I learn something about Design Pattern. I also do
something in practice. I finished some small project.
These book that you mentioned I will read later. Could someone point
some topics. I want to focus on some topics.
Thanks a lot!

If you want to enter the wonderful weirdness of the template world,
search for "expression templates" and "template meta-programming".
Such libraries as blitz++, tvmet, Boost.MPL use these techniques.
Basically those topics are about using the type system to evaluate
expressions at compile-time.

For expression templates this site is a good start:
http://ubiety.uwaterloo.ca/~tveldhui/papers/Expression-Templates/exprtmpl.html

From these topics you can move on to lambda expressions (a term from
functional programming) which is basically a shorthand syntax for
writing in-line functions (something like, std::transform(v1.begin(),
v1.end(), v2.begin(), out.begin(), _3 = _1 + _2);)

Chris

Matthias Buelow

dolphin said:
I have learn the C++ for sometime. Now I want to learn some
advance topics. Can someone recommend some advance topic?

You don't learn a programming language only by reading books but by
programming. Write some interesting software that you want to have.
Start small first.

dolphin

You don't learn a programming language only by reading books but by
programming. Write some interesting software that you want to have.
Start small first.

Yes,you are right. I have also write some small programm.