Apache 2.4(mod_jk) connects to Tomcat 5.4 on a remote server

Matrix

Hi,
I'm trying to configure two servers, one with Apache 2.4 and mod_jk
installed, and one has Tomcat 5.4 running. what changes do I have to
make on the setting that working when all of them are on the same
server.
how can I tell apache to connect to the remote tomcat, where should I
drop my "workers.properties" file.