Application variables not resetting

tshad

I have my Application variables getting set in my Global.aspx file.

If I change a variable in my table that is read at startup, I need to
restart the application to reload the variables.

I found, however, that if I stop and start the Application from IIS, it
doesn't reload the data.

I need to actually stop and start the Web Service (World Wide Web
Publishing) to get it to work.

Why doesn't stopping and starting the application do this?

Thanks,

Tom

Patrice

It's likely that it doesn't really stop the web application but just
prevents connections. Try to see if touching the web.config does this.

Also you could just have a page that reloads those data from the DB. This
way you won't even have to stop/restart the web application to refresh those
settings...

tshad

Patrice said:
It's likely that it doesn't really stop the web application but just
prevents connections. Try to see if touching the web.config does this.

Touching by how? Just opening in a text editor and saving it?
Also you could just have a page that reloads those data from the DB. This
way you won't even have to stop/restart the web application to refresh
those settings...

That is what the Application_Start function is for.

The problem is that it doesn't seem to go to that unless you restart the Web
Server.

Thanks,

Tom