Debugging and Session Resetting

Guest

Has anyone encountered this problem? I start debugging my application and
the session get reset (as far as I can tell). I then stop and restart and
everything is fine.

Basically the symptoms are as follows: after starting the application,
everything is fine and the session variables are set. I get to my 'main'
page and click on a button to search or go to another page and the
application crashes because the session variables contain 'nothing' Stopping
and restarting fixes the problem.

This happens fairly consistently.

sirfunusa

If you cross virtual directory or IIS application boundries, the
session variables will get reset. Where is the "other" page located?

Guest

The entire application resides in the same virtual directory. The problem
doesn't occur after I stop the app and restart, once I've encountered the
problem.

Thanks.

Juan T. Llibre

re:
If you cross virtual directory or IIS application boundries, the
session variables will get reset.

Wouldn't a more accurate description be that "a new session is started" ?

The session variables in the first application will *still* be there,
if you return before the session times out.

In other words, they are not "reset" just because you visit a different application.