approaching my idea with a new perspective

Richard

http://dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/switchmenu.htm

I spent several hours today looking through various scripts that would do
what I wanted. that is:

column1..............column2............column3.......
main nav............thumbnails.........enlarged view

Only problem is, none of the scripts I was seeing went this far.
Then it dawned on me.
Use this "tree" like script to show the various thumbnails then link those
to the output division on the page.
Which gives me more space to use and with a lot less clutter.
So now I'm working on this approach and seeing if it will work the way I
want it to or not.

Richard

Richard said:
I spent several hours today looking through various scripts that would do
what I wanted. that is:
column1..............column2............column3.......
main nav............thumbnails.........enlarged view
Only problem is, none of the scripts I was seeing went this far.
Then it dawned on me.
Use this "tree" like script to show the various thumbnails then link those
to the output division on the page.
Which gives me more space to use and with a lot less clutter.
So now I'm working on this approach and seeing if it will work the way I
want it to or not.

Most interesting.
I've incorporated the "tooltip" script so you get a popup window with the
larger image.
What's nice about this tooltip is, each item is totally customizable with
various attributes. So that each image can have it's own "box" to be
displayed in along with a caption.
Drawback being that no linebreaks are allowed in the caption. Unless I do it
in a "<li" fashion.

In the expanding menu, I added an overflow:scroll, which IE ignores while
firefox shows it just fine.

Working out rather decent though.