    But what are the specific new features of ASP .NET 3.5 vs. ASP .NET 2.0
    aside from the native AJAX capabilities?

    Thanks.

    Scott M., Aug 28, 2008

  2. Scott M.

    bruce barker Guest

    besides the new libraries c# gets:

    implicitly typed variables (var)
    automatic property implementations.
    anonymous types
    lambda expressions
    query expressions
    query expressions (used by linq)
    object and collection initializers

    never use vb, but it must have some of these new features

    no changes to the base framework, there is a new core library that adds
    some new generic defs.

    changes to the base framework come with sp1.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, Aug 28, 2008

  3. Scott M.

    Scott M. Guest

    Thanks, but I am specifically asking about ASP .NET 3.5 vs. ASP .NET 2.0,
    not language features.

    Scott M., Aug 28, 2008
  4. I don't believe there are any changes in ASP.NET per se. That's why there
    should be no impact to install .NET 3.5 on a system running ASP.NET. It's
    not like the 1.1 to 2.0 transition.

    They officially added "Atlas" as ASP.NET AJAX. They added "ASP.NET Dynamic
    Data" in SP1. However, I can't recommend SP1 at this time, due to many
    scattered bugs.

    John Saunders, Aug 28, 2008
  5. Scott M.

    Scott M. Guest