ASP .NET 2.0 vs. ASP .NET 3.5

Scott M.

I'm aware of the new .NET technologies introduced in the .NET 3.5 Framework
(vs. the 2.0 Framework):

WPF
WF
WCF
ASP .NET AJAX
LINQ

But what are the specific new features of ASP .NET 3.5 vs. ASP .NET 2.0
aside from the native AJAX capabilities?

Thanks.

bruce barker

besides the new libraries c# gets:

implicitly typed variables (var)
automatic property implementations.
anonymous types
lambda expressions
query expressions
query expressions (used by linq)
object and collection initializers

never use vb, but it must have some of these new features

no changes to the base framework, there is a new core library that adds
some new generic defs.

changes to the base framework come with sp1.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Scott M.

Thanks, but I am specifically asking about ASP .NET 3.5 vs. ASP .NET 2.0,
not language features.

John Saunders

I don't believe there are any changes in ASP.NET per se. That's why there
should be no impact to install .NET 3.5 on a system running ASP.NET. It's
not like the 1.1 to 2.0 transition.

They officially added "Atlas" as ASP.NET AJAX. They added "ASP.NET Dynamic
Data" in SP1. However, I can't recommend SP1 at this time, due to many
scattered bugs.

Scott M.

Thanks John.