    I'm a bit unclear about how the how the roles provider works in conjunction
    with Windows authentication as most of the articles I've come across involve
    forms authentication.

    Mark Parter, May 2, 2005

  2. Mark Parter

    Brock Allen Guest

    Yes it's possible. The built in admin tools can't search all the possible
    windows accounts, though, to configure. You'll have to manually call Roles.AddUserToRole.

    Brock Allen, May 2, 2005

  3. Mark Parter

    Mark Parter Guest

    Thanks for your reply Brock.

    So I have to create a form to programmatically add users to these roles?

    Just to clarify, this is will work for adding Windows accounts to roles
    stored in the database?

    Thanks,

    Mark

    Mark Parter, May 2, 2005
  4. Mark Parter

    Brock Allen Guest

    So I have to create a form to programmatically add users to these
    Well, if the admin tool can't or doesn't know how to show the right list
    of users then, yeah, you'll have to make your own. I just ran a check, and
    even though I have configured Windows auth, the Role management shows the
    users frm the SqlMembershipProvider. Dumb, huh?
    Yep. I tested this recently (don't remember if it was under beta 2 or not,
    but it should be fine).

    Brock Allen, May 2, 2005
  5. Mark Parter

    Mark Parter Guest