ASP.NET and own web server in vs.net 2005

Sara T.

Oh!

From the VS.NET 2005, I see it has own web server. That needn't to use IIS,
that's right?

And when I test with VS.NET web server, how can I gaurantee it will be OK
when running on actual IIS.

Josh Mitts

Hi Sara,

Yes, that's right. VS.NET 2005 includes a personal web server for
development purposes. In theory, it should be the same as IIS, because both
use the ASP.NET binaries to process .aspx files.

However, you should definitely test your application on IIS before deploying
it live, because IIS has a different security and process identity model
(using application pools, NETWORK SERVICE account, etc.).

Patrick.O.Ige

As Josh adviced thats true its like WebMatrix.
But make sure you test using IIS before deploying
Patrick

Mark Rae

Yes, that's right. VS.NET 2005 includes a personal web server for
development purposes. In theory, it should be the same as IIS, because
both use the ASP.NET binaries to process .aspx files.

Isn't it just Cassini in disguise...?
However, you should definitely test your application on IIS before
deploying it live, because IIS has a different security and process
identity model (using application pools, NETWORK SERVICE account, etc.).

Absolutely!