ASP.net app TO SQL SERVER REPORTING DATABASE.

Phils

Hi guys; hope you can help me

I have built a web app that sits on our web server (asp.net 2.0).
this connects to our SQL server (2005) reporting services database on
dataserver.
Anonymous access must be switched of on IIS (integrated windows only
on).

Once the report has been selected by the user, I query the database to
get the parameters for selected report (loop through parameters
collection). I then check the required parameter controls for the
parameter values. I was using Anonymous access and this was working
fine. But since changing to not allowing Anonymous access I get an
"The request failed with HTTP status 401: Access Denied" error when
using the GetReportParameters method. My code is below

Dim rs As New washington.ReportingService()
rs.Credentials = System.Net.CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials

Dim report As String = strReportPath & strReportName
Dim forRendering As Boolean = False
Dim historyID As String = Nothing
Dim values As washington.ParameterValue() = Nothing
Dim credentials As washington.DataSourceCredentials() = Nothing
Dim parameters As washington.ReportParameter() = Nothing

parameters = rs.GetReportParameters(report, historyID, forRendering,
values, credentials)

Dim intParamCount As Integer = parameters.Length
Dim intLoopCounter As Integer

Dim parmArray(intParamCount - 1) As ReportParameter

If Not (parameters Is Nothing) Then
Dim rp As washington.ReportParameter
For Each rp In parameters
' loop collection

Next rp
End if

as i understand it i should be passing the credentials to the report
but when call

rs.Credentials = System.Net.CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials

the credentials are empty

am i on the correct path

cheers

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

Once you make the site non-anonymous, the credentials are no longer
anonymous. You have to actually query the user. I did this a few months ago
at another job, but do not have access to the code. I remember experimenting
with impersonation and believe that was the first part of the solution.