ASP.NET compile model detail

Kevin Yu

hi all

can anyone point me the right document on asp.net 1.1 page compile model? I
need to know the detail from user request to IIS and aspnet_isapi.dll to
aspnet_wk.exe then how the page is complied and cached. is there any
difference on page handler facotry behavior between the code-beside and
code-behind complied model?

thx

Kevin

Kevin Yu

even for the code-behind model, the page parser will still go through the
process of dynamic code generation and compilation.

so the precompiled dll is not used. so it's not what it seems to be doing
for the pre-compiled model.