ASP.NET Datagrid Date formatting not working serverside!

Joined
Sep 30, 2008
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi guys, I have a strange issue at the moment where a date format is not displaying properly in a datagrid but only on the web host.

In the datagrid I have explicitly set the format to {0:d MMMM yyyy} eg. (30 September 2008). This works fine on the local machine. I've uploaded the same page to the web host and it displays unformatted eg 30/09/2008 12:00:00 AM

This is definitely the same page and there are no caching issues as it did not exist on the server prior to its creation and upload.

Both sides webconfig files have their globalization explicitly set (not that it should need it when I am explicitly formatting a date)
<globalization culture="en-AU" uiCulture="en-AU"/>

It baffles me as to why this works in VS, on our in house IIS server, but not on the web hosts IIS server.

ASP.NET 2.0 on both sides, web host may still be using SQL2000 we're using SQL2005, though I would have thought it wouldn't make a difference in this case.

Has anyone else had an issue like this ?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: