ASP.net development server

BillE

Using VS 2008

In my solution I have both web projects and windows forms projects.

I want to prevent web developement servers from being created
unnecessarily.

Even if I have a windows form project as the StartUp project, all the web
projects have to start their own ASP.NET development server.

I know how to change the Use Custom Server in the Start options for the web
site, but then I have to supply a web server (which I don't want to do) or
else get a notification that I should enter a web server for the custom
server.

All I want is for the web projects not to start a development web server if
they aren't the startup project.

George

Not sure if you can do that.
You can always start single instance of your web server with a following
command
"C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\WebDev.WebServer.EXE"
/port:103 /path:C:\inetpub\wwwroot\DeliEZone
And as a start option specify http://localhost:103

PS: this command allows to run your project from Root.

George.

BillE

Thanks.

I'm not even running a web project at all.

I would rather not have to start a development web server if I'm not running
a web project.

Bill

BillE

Because, I also have Class Library projects in the solution which are used
by all my web and windows projects.

Because they're all in the same solution I can add project references, and
make modifications to business classes while I'm working on other
applications, and build everything at once.