ASP.NET - Populate Dropdown Listbox When it Becomes Visible

Joined
Nov 11, 2010
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I have a webform with a dropdown listbox and 2 panels. The dropdown listbox is bound to a SQL datasource which gets loaded correctly when the page is initially displayed.

One panel is initially set to be visible and the other is set to not be visible. These panels are toggled based on the entry in the dropdown listbox.

Inside each of these panels is a dropdown listbox. The dropdown listbox in the panel that is visible when the page loads the first time successfully retrieves data from the database. Everything looks good at this point.

The problem occurs when the panels are toggled because the dropdown listbox in the second panel never gets populated when the page loads for the first time.

If both panels are set to be visible on the first page load, everything works fine and all dropdown listboxes correctly populare with data from the database.

Can someone point me in the right direction to get the dropdown listbox to load properly if it is initially not visible?

Thanks in advance,
Jon