ASP.NET State Service

mg

I'm trying to store session state in a Windows Service.

I start the ASP.NET State Service and modify the
Web.Config file to include

<sessionState
mode="StateServer"
stateConnectionString="tcpip=127.0.0.1:42424"
timeout="20"
/>

But I get the following error message: Unable to make the
session state request to the session state server. Please
ensure that the ASP.NET State service is started and that
the client and server ports are the same.

My server port is 42424. But, how do I set the client port?

My app consists of the following two lines in Page_Load

string arg = "http://unixbox:8888/user.jsp?ID=" +
Session.SessionID.ToString();
Response.Redirect(arg);

Guest

I'm trying to store session state in a Windows Service.

I start the ASP.NET State Service and modify the
Web.Config file to include

<sessionState
mode="StateServer"
stateConnectionString="tcpip=127.0.0.1:42424"
timeout="20"
/>

But I get the following error message: Unable to make the
session state request to the session state server. Please
ensure that the ASP.NET State service is started and that
the client and server ports are the same.

My server port is 42424. But, how do I set the client port?

My app consists of the following two lines in Page_Load

string arg = "http://unixbox:8888/user.jsp?ID=" +
Session.SessionID.ToString();
Response.Redirect(arg);
.

Hi,

The error that you are getting is because your State
Server is not enabled. You have to goto Administrative
Tools > Computer Management > Services and Applications >
Services and start the ASP.NET State Service. Only then
will you be able to store data in the ASP.NET State
Session.
NOTE: You have to serialize any data before you store in
the ASP.NET State Server.

Regards,

RAMADU

mg

because your State Server is not enabled
do I set the client
port?
State Server.

How is that done?

Also, how do I set the client port as directed by the
error message?

Actually, it is.