asp.net validation controls not showing error message in Windows 2003with IIS 6.0

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by nRk, Jun 25, 2008.

  1. nRk

    nRk Guest

    Hi,

    I am working on asp.net 2.0 with Visual Studio 2005. My asp.net
    project contains one Masterpage.

    I exposed my asp.net project in my machine (Windows XP with IIS 5.1)
    and access using "http://localhost/[applicationname]..."

    In user registration form I included validation controls (Required,
    comparer, ..) in my machine validation controls showing error messages
    without any problem when wrong / no data given.

    But when I exposed same application in server Windows 2003 Server
    with IIS 6.0 having .net framework 2.0 , sometime validation controls
    not showing "error messages" simply showing empty string but the form
    is not submiting.

    Is there any solution please let know soon.

    Thanks in advance....!

    nRk

    nRk, Jun 25, 2008

  2. nRk

    nRk Guest

    Hi
    I googled regarding the issue, this will occur when validation
    controls are placed in user control which is placed in updatepanel.

    The solution and explanation can be found at this link

    http://blogs.msdn.com/mattgi/archive/2007/01/23/asp-net-ajax-validators.aspx

    Thanks
    nrk

    nRk, Jun 25, 2008