asp.net windows authentication - login / password prompt

jdstroud

I have an asp.net application on our intranet, and I am trying to use
windows authentication.

My problem is that I would like to get the user's credentials without
having the login / password box pop up when you go to the page.

I'm currently logged into the domain, and I when I go to the web site,
I would like the site to realize that I am logged in, and not prompt me
for my username / password.

So, here are my questions:

1. Can this be done?
2. If so, what am I doing wrong?

Thanks all!

Guest

I've just had to deal with this issue myself and here's what I did to resolve:
Assuming you are using Internet Explorer as your browser, open your browser
and from the tools menu select Internet Options.
- Click on the Security tab
- Select Local Intranet
- Click the Sites... button, then click the Advanced... button
- Add the address to your Intranet site in the textbox and click the Add
button, then click OK, and OK again.
- Back on the security tab of Internet options, with Local Intranet still
selected, click the Custom Level....button
- In the Security Settings dialog that comes up, scroll to the botton of the
settings. Under User Authentication and Logon, select "Automatic logon only
in Intranet zone"

Now with your site added to your local intranet zone, you should no longer
be prompted to log in.

Good luck.