ASP Page Not Running On IIS 6.0

Fred Chateau

I have one legacy ASP page on my Web site, which has been returning an HTTP
500 status code. I have debug turned on in IIS, but all I get is a blank
page. I substituted an older backup of the page, but the same thing happens.

Does anyone know of any upgrades in Windows Server 2003 recently, that would
make ASP stop running?

Bob Barrows

Fred said:
I have one legacy ASP page on my Web site, which has been returning
an HTTP 500 status code. I have debug turned on in IIS, but all I get
is a blank page. I substituted an older backup of the page, but the
same thing happens.
Does anyone know of any upgrades in Windows Server 2003 recently,
that would make ASP stop running?

You will never figure out how to fix this without discovering the real error
message. See:
http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2109

Thomas Sun [MSFT]

Hi Fred,

I agree with Bob. The error logs will be very useful for the
trouble-shooting.

Besides, if we create a simple ASP website and deploy it on this IIS, does
it have the same issue? This can eliminate the possibility that legacy ASP
website is causing problem.

I look forward to receiving your test results.

Best Regards,
Thomas Sun

Microsoft Online Partner Support

ications.

With newsgroups, MSDN subscribers enjoy unlimited, free support as opposed
to the limited number of phone-based technical support incidents. Complex
issues or server-down situations are not recommended for the newsgroups.
Issues of this nature are best handled working with a Microsoft Support
Engineer using one of your phone-based incidents.

--------------------

| Fred Chateau wrote:
| > I have one legacy ASP page on my Web site, which has been returning
| > an HTTP 500 status code. I have debug turned on in IIS, but all I get
| > is a blank page. I substituted an older backup of the page, but the
| > same thing happens.
| > Does anyone know of any upgrades in Windows Server 2003 recently,
| > that would make ASP stop running?
|
| You will never figure out how to fix this without discovering the real
error
| message. See:
| http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2109
|
| --
| Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET - 2004-2007
| Please reply to the newsgroup. This email account is my spam trap so I
| don't check it very often. If you must reply off-line, then remove the
| "NO SPAM"

Fred Chateau

I followed the advice to turn off "Enable server-side ASP script debugging".
(I had both this and enable client side on.)

Microsoft SQL Native Client error '80040e09'
The EXECUTE permission was denied on the object 'spGetStateMap', database
'HotelMotelNow', schema 'dbo'.

We had recently transferred our database to a new server. Bob was right. I
never would have found this without seeing the real error. Not sure why I
couldn't see the error before turning off the server side debugging, though.

Thanks for the help, guys.