ASP page to Search by Directory Names

Cassandra Lindquist

I need to develop a search so users enter a unique number and the search form
searches all folders and subfolders of the site to match this unique number
to the name of a directory. The search results should return the public path
to the directory (we have directory browsing enabled):

search for from page on root of site: 12345
return: http://www.siteroot.com/dir1/12345

I have tried doing this with the Indexing Service and asp, but it seems that
only searches the title of the actual files, not folders.

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Cassandra said:
I need to develop a search so users enter a unique number and the
search form searches all folders and subfolders of the site to match
this unique number to the name of a directory. The search results
should return the public path to the directory (we have directory
browsing enabled):

search for from page on root of site: 12345
return: http://www.siteroot.com/dir1/12345

I have tried doing this with the Indexing Service and asp, but it
seems that only searches the title of the actual files, not folders.

You will need to use the filesystemobject. Here's an article to get you
started:
http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2211

And here's the documentation:
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bkx696eh.aspx

jp2code

Mr. Barrows:

I've noticed the ASP FAQ page mentioned several times, and I've been to it
several times. You are mentioned in the "How do I page through a recordset?"
article.

The Search Engine Optimization (SEO) section is blank. Is information coming

jp2code

Skip that. I just found a Contact Link on the page, so I sent the message
there instead. Pardon my impatience.