    just the occassional test as I develop sites - not looking to spam and
    have a fairly full featured router to block external access to SMTP
    machine so its not abused.

    tamaker, Dec 11, 2007

  2. Check the logs. Most likely your ISP is blocking it. Some don't allow SMTP
    traffic to port 25 except to their own servers. This makes it more
    difficult for SPAMBOTs.

    BTW, use CDOSYS not CDONTS its deprecated on Win2000/XP.

    Anthony Jones, Dec 11, 2007

  3. tamaker

    tamaker Guest

    Thanks for the reply (and note re: multi posting -- my bad.)...
    Followup question: is there a work around (changing the port) that
    might allow me to use cdonts ( and would moving to CDOSYS - which I'll
    do anyway prior to launch of the application/site) make working around
    the ISP port blocking issue any less of a problem?)

    Thanks again.

    tamaker, Dec 12, 2007
  4. Nope the port 25 is the port that the SMTP server is listening on. You
    can't change that its on someone elses server.

    Nope CDOSYS won't fix this either (else I wouldn't have prefixed BTW).

    For testing purpose why don't you configure your code to use your ISPs SMTP
    server directly?

    Anthony Jones, Dec 13, 2007